Many folks, when they think of eco-friendly clothing, including wedding dresses, also think “hippy,” “bohemian,” or “less conventional” but that’s not true across the board. There are many eco-friendly wedding dresses out there that still look like traditional gowns.
Used dresses are eco-friendly. You can look at consignment shops, wear a family member’s or friend’s dress or check out websites that offer used wedding dresses. Not only is it easy to find a beautiful and traditional pre-owned wedding dress, but you’ll save scads of cash going this route.
Below are some cool places online offering pre-owned wedding dresses.
Etsy has tons of eco-friendly wedding dress options. Some are less traditional sure, but with some searching you can find an awesome traditional dress to suit your needs, such as the organic dress above, made by SoulRole with organic cotton and soy (just $300!). Other sweet Etsy wedding dress shops follow below… just be sure to read the material lists. Some shops make some dresses with eco-friendly materials, but not all.
Go online shopping
You can also check out tons of wedding dress shops online that one, will design you a traditional wedding gown and two, have the ability to use eco-friendly materials. Below are some good options.
- Tara Lynn Bridal – Custom and premade wedding dresses available in vintage lace, hemp, silks and organic cotton.
- Annatarian Dresses – custom dresses made with vintage fabrics and clothing, surplus fabrics along with the latest in eco-tech fabrics, organic cotton and peace silk.
- Olivia Luca – offers both traditionally produced silks and other natural fibers and a growing selection of sustainably produced, fair trade and organic natural fabric options.
- Janay A Handmade – dresses sewn in-house with beautiful vintage, organic, and heirloom materials plus they reuse packaging and boxes.
- Minna – vegan and sustainable fabrics available. (UK based).