There is an amazing older, but perfect for the season series at Telegraph.co.uk about growing your own wedding. From the flowers to the food, if you’ve already got a small plot of land, you can grow it all organically and save BIG bucks while keeping your wedding eco-friendly.
The series from start to finish looks at how to plan and manage growing your own DIY green wedding.
Some of the many wonderful ideas offered include:
- Peach or raspberry Bellinis for guests, made with some fruit picked from the garden.
- For canapés with the early drinks, lots of different bruschettas made with garden tomatoes, garlic, and plenty of home-grown basil and a minty bean humus as well.
- Plates of just-picked baby vegetables – radish, mini carrots, peas, purple-podded mange touts, and the late, mini broad bean ‘Stereo’ – on plates covered in ice.
- Crisp courgette wedges with anchovy mayonnaise and stuffed courgette flowers with goat’s cheese and honey.
- Fresh salads and new potatoes served with dinner.
- Lebanese tahini salad, home-made mint jelly and platters of salad scattered with blue borage and orange marigold flowers included with the main wedding meal.
- Flowers such as, Cosmos ‘Purity’ and dill flowers for decor, table centres of potted acidanthera, and a bouquet of roses, alchemilla and sweet peas.
I LOVE this great green DIY wedding idea!
Read the series:
Image ©rawpixel.com via Unsplash