Green wedding cake toppers aren’t so easy to come by. You’ve got some options though…
Your best bets for green cake toppers include:
- Seek out a company that makes eco toppers (rare) or look for toppers made with easy to recycle, sustainable, or natural materials.
- Buy a topper that does double duty; i.e also acts as an art piece you’ll adore looking at forever not simply pack away. you’ll love to look at forever, not simply store away.
- Make a cool DIY wedding cake topper with eco-friendly or recycled materials.
- Use fresh flowers, herbs, leaves, and branches on your wedding cake. Basically natural items that you can later compost.
- Use candy or another edible topper.
- Be a total rebel and go sans topper.
If you’re looking for one unique eco-friendly wedding cake topper idea, I’d check out the amazing sugar sculptures made by Max Kitano of Sugarworks. After writing about his work at another blog of mine Max sent me one of his Origami Sugar Cranes (shown above) and it was beautiful – it looked just like colored glass and one or two of these cranes would look breathtaking on a wedding cake.
The sugar cranes of course will eventually 100% biodegrade, which makes sugar cranes an ultra green choice. However, you also have a less breakable option – a custom crane made with casting resin. The resin makes each crane break-proof, and so you won’t be under stress worrying that your crane will arrive broken right before the wedding. These resin cranes last forever, and are perfect for a cake topper and available in all sorts of color choices. After the wedding the crane is pretty enough to sit on a shelf as an art object.
See the gallery below for other lovely sugar art for your wedding…
- Japanese Kanji Letters for favors or cake decor.
- Pretty sugar swan with heart.
- Beautiful crystal-like butterflies for your cake or as lolly pop wedding favors.
There are also some very cool sugar fortune cookies for treats or favors at your green wedding. Bonus; all of Sugarworks’ 100% original wedding creations can be customized them to match your wedding theme and color, as well as matched to custom wedding announcement on labels.If you’re interested in one of these delightful sugar creations visit Sugarworks.