Today a product review of Scandle Candles for you – this could make a great wedding shower favor and it’d be excellent as a honeymoon gift.
PRODUCT: Scandle Essentials 4oz Travel Tin in Uplifting Blend – Pink grapefruit & spearmint essential oils create the uplifting blend – this Scandle comes in a square lightweight travel tin for easy application.
INGREDIENTS: According to Scandle, these candles are “Made from 100% natural ingredients” – the label on the candle says “This product contains soy and other nut products, if you are allergic to these products, please do not use. (May contain soy butter, shea butter, aloe vera, jojoba oil, and fragrance or essential oils).”
USE: The Scandle Candle burns at 2 degrees above body temperature to produce a soothing oil for massage, manicures, pedicures, or as a daily moisturizer. Or of course, you can use it as purely a candle to light up your space. (including soy), The Scandle emits less soot and toxins into the environment than traditional paraffin candles. Scandles feature refillable/reusable canisters and sustainable packaging options. Burn time 15-30 hours.
ECO-PERKS & OTHER GOOD STUFF:
- Soy is an eco-friendly candle option when compared to paraffin candles, emitting less soot and toxins. They’re not 100% safer if you have allergies or are sick, but way better than wax candles. Soy is also biodegradable.
- I think they’re made with fairly natural ingredients, but if you look below in cons, you’ll see that I can’t 100% guarantee it. They don’t smell fake though, they smell as if they were scented with essential oils vs a fake fragrance.
- Feel great on your body. You can pour or dip into the candle and use it for massage, cuticle rub, or to smooth dry skin. Not oily or too hot on your skin, and the scent is subtle, not obnoxious. I also like the scent that fills your room when you burn this candle – very nice and yes, uplifting as the product notes.
- VERY long lasting. I’ve burned and burned this candle and it just keeps going and going.
- The candles are multi-use and long lasting.
- Candles come in great little reusable tins that can be used for any number of small objects; rings, beads, etc. If you buy their larger candles they offer refills which is excellent and saves on packaging.
- 100% Vegan.
- Cruelty free – member of PETA’s Caring Consumer Program.
- Zero petroleum or mineral oils added.
The ingredient listings are sketchy. The website does not list a full ingredient list and neither does the packaging. Some terms used to explain the ingredients at the website include…
- Scandles are made with FDA approved ingredients.
- Cosmetic grade soy oil.
- Those allergic to nut based products should not use Scandle, because the Scandle contains soy, jojoba, and shea oils.
- And as noted above my packaging says, “May contain soy butter, shea butter, aloe vera, jojoba oil, and fragrance or essential oils.”
So basically, I’m not sure what exactly is in this candle. It’d be easy to include an actual ingredient list and I wish the company would have. I was able to find more info when I looked up the fragrance mixes, because it noted that my blend is pink grapefruit & spearmint essential oils.
Not made with organic soy or organic essential oils as far as I can tell.
Three out of five little trees. Because I can’t find a full ingredient list anywhere and because this product is not organic so far as I can tell, it loses some point. The cost is fairly comparable to other soy candle companies; maybe a little less on some products, and I’m guessing you might be able to work out a bulk buy situation with them if you wanted these for a green wedding favor. Overall, I’d recommend Scandle Candles because they smell great and work well as both candles and a moisturizing + massage tool. Plus they have nice reusable containers – a great green choice.
However, if you want a totally green candle, I’d suggest Evergreen Candleworks – an organic soy candle company who also makes a soy massage candle but they use organic soy.
Visit Scandle Candles to learn more.